Human beings have an innate desire to connect, create, and prosper. There are certain universal laws that support this notion. Enlightened Negotiation teaches you how to use these laws to enhance your business and personal life. — Dr. Mehrad Nazari
Enlightened Negotiation is a new, practical, and illuminating method for conscious negotiations and sustainable relationships. It is a guide for applying higher universal principles to our daily interactions. It is a holistic approach that uses integrative negotiation, mindfulness, emotional intelligence, behavioral science, and neuroscience.
Evolving Leadership For The Collective Wellbeing: Lessons for Implementing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Dr. Nazari joins 24 international thought leaders to develop a manual with proven methods of leadership techniques for the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda: implementing the Sustainable Development Goals to secure a future “where all life can thrive.” In November of 2018 the International Leadership Association (ILA) and the Restorative Leadership Institute (RLI) released Evolving Leadership For The Collective Wellbeing, a collection of 17 chapters to assist governments and individuals in securing a sustainable future.
Climate scientists have filed recent reports urging policy makers to “act now,” stating that we are at a pivotal junction in our global society. Dr. Nazari said of the RLI and ILA’s efforts, “In this crucial time we need to take responsibility and act immediately. It is my honor to contribute to this meaningful and much needed work.”
PRAISE AND AWARDS FOR ENLIGHTENED NEGOTIATION
Delighted to share with everyone that my book Enlightened Negotiation: 8 Universal Laws to Connect, Create, and Prosper has been awarded the Bronze Medal in the category of ‘Business Ethics’ by the prestigious Axiom Business Book Award. ~ Mehrad
The Axiom Business Book Awards are designed to celebrate excellence in business book writing and publishing. It recognizes the innovative, intelligent, and creative aspects of new business books that make us think, see, and work differently every day.
Business people are always looking for new ideas and solutions to their problems, and award-winning business book authors and publishers fill a niche with their informative and innovative books. The medalists in this prestigious and competitive contest will serve as the premier list of new and innovative works.
Each year, the Eric Hoffer Award presents the First Horizon Award for superior work by debut authors (i.e the first published book of any type by the author). This is an additional distinction beneath the Eric Hoffer Award umbrella.
“The passionate pursuer has all the earmarks of a fugitive.”
The Eric Hoffer Award honors the memory of the great American philosopher Eric Hoffer by highlighting salient writing, as well as the independent spirit of small publishers. Since its inception, the Hoffer has become one of the largest international book awards for small, academic, and independent presses.
Each year, the Eric Hoffer Award presents the Montaigne Medal to the most thought-provoking books. These are books that either illuminate, progress, or redirect thought. The Montaigne Medal is given in honor of the great French philosopher Michel de Montaigne, who influenced people such as William Shakespeare, René Descartes, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Friedrich Nietzsche, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, and Eric Hoffer. This is an additional distinction beneath the Eric Hoffer Award umbrella.
“I felt all the time he was writing about me. He knew my innermost thoughts.”
-Eric Hoffer, from his memoir, Truth Imagined
It is with great honor that Dr. Mehrad Nazari announces that, in addition to being short-listed for the Eric Hoffer Book Awards Grand Prize, Enlightened Negotiation® has won the Eric Hoffer Award for outstanding writing in the category of Business!
In addition to the grand prize, the Eric Hoffer Award identifies a winner, a runner-up, and honorable mentions within eighteen all-inclusive categories. Additional honors go to academic, small, micro, and self-published presses. The category finalists and the grand prize short list are further noted.
The Importance of Negotiation
As a living being we must breathe, as social beings we are interdependent and cannot survive without interactions and negotiations. We are constantly negotiating at work or at home, so we better get good at it!
How is enlightened negotiation different from common negotiation?
What is commonly known as a great negotiation is a win-win style, which is a good start to beneficial interactions. Enlightened Negotiation takes this to an even higher level by transcending to a place that captures the full human potential in order to create something magnificent and noble! It can be described as a win-win on steroids.
How can I expect my life to change after reading the book?
- Mentally you will be empowered to know you have the tools to create solutions.
- Emotionally you will be stronger because a clear roadmap eliminates the fear of unknown territory and relieves anxiety.
- You will be enriched by the idea that every negotiation is an opportunity.
- It saves you time by affording efficiency in your approach to negotiations.
- It elevates your relationships at home and at work.
- “Enlightened Negotiation unpacks the fine line that many trip over between securing professional advancement while maintaining spiritual equanimity. Through his diverse experience Dr. Nazari is uniquely qualified to dispel these myths that habitually create conflicts in the "winner" or "loser" paradigm. This structured approach brings wholistic awareness to our intentions and interactions while successfully informing the decision making process. This is an indispensable navigation guide touching all aspects of our life.”Richard and Leslie Morgenthal, Founders Morgenthal Frederics
- “Dr. Mehrad Nazari's Enlightened Negotiation provides an elegant solution for the most pressing problems of our time. This entertaining and easy-to-read guide gets to the very heart of what matters most in our world. The solution to most of our problems, both personal and global, involves collaboration and win/win outcomes. It's clear that the old model simply isn't working. Mehrad's offering is truly enlightened. Read Enlightened Negotiation to prosper.”Janet Brown, President FundX Investment Group
- “Enlightened Negotiation is a gift to everyone who is interested in approaching life and negotiations with understanding the power of building trust and living with a higher consciousness. Negotiations are ever present in our lives and there is now a path to creating win-win scenarios for all parties. It is a must read!”Peter Davis, Co-Founder and CEO of IDEA Health & Fitness Association
- "Healthy relationships, business and personal, support healthy lifestyles. Dr. Nazari's unique perspective and techniques enable the kind of compassionate and thoughtful give and take from which all relationships will benefit."Deborah Szekely, Founder, Golden Door Spa and Co-Founder, Rancho La Puerta
- “Enlightened Negotiation prepares you to negotiate using astute observational skills, situational awareness, and advanced planning techniques. This book gives you exactly what you need to succeed in negotiating the big game of life! It provides you the roadmap that leads to personal and professional success, financial security and over all prosperity. It is truly enlightened writing.”Philip and Gayle Tauber, Founders Kashi Company
- “Dr. Nazari’s approach elevates negotiation from the usual competing attempts to avoid leaving a dollar on the table to the more artful, cooperative process of finding mutually beneficial solutions.”Jacob Tanzer, Arbitrator & Mediator, former Litigator and Justice of the Supreme Court of Oregon
- “Enlightened Negotiation is a new, practical and illuminating method for conscious negotiations and sustainable relationships. It is an essential guide for applying higher universal principles to our daily interactions that are embraced by enlightened leaders, entrepreneurs and individuals. Dr. Nazari provides structured negotiation skills that you can implement immediately. His unique and diverse background makes him the most qualified to present this integrated approach. This book is destined to become a classic in its field.” — John Mackey, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Whole Foods Market
- “Enlightened Negotiation is a must read for anyone who wants to be a true collaborator. Rather than approaching every interaction with others as a win/lose battle, this book is all about making your interactions with others into collaborative, win/win relationships.”Ken Blanchard, coauthor of The New One Minute Manager® andCollaboration Begins with You
“A book that is both interesting to read and offers quite a bit of wise counsel, Enlightened Negotiation will very likely be of great value to anyone who wants to get the most out of negotiating, whether it be in business or in life."
Read more from Foreword Reviews.Foreworld Reviews
- “In this informative and illuminating book, Nazari, a business professor and meditation and yoga teacher, combines his areas of expertise to look at the many ways people negotiate, consciously and unconsciously, in everyday life. To show how to become more successful in reaching common ground, he shares personal stories that demonstrate "Enlightened Negotiation," which considers ethical and spiritual principles as well as business success.” Read more on Publisher's Weekly.Publisher’s Weekly
- This book is destined to become a classic in its field.John Mackey, Co-Founder/ Co-CEO, Whole Foods Market
- Enlightened Negotiation is a must read for anyone who wants to be a true collaborator.Ken Blanchard, Coauthor of The New One Minute Manager